Senegal is compared with « Côte d’Azur »but without traffic.
Around 5 hours to Paris, the sun is yearly present with a total depaysement.
The weak time, one hour in winter and two hours in summer allows you in a short stay.
Friendly to the France, Senegal has a legendary well know reputation of being the best country you would feel almost at home “La Teranga”.
The large golden sand beaches border the seaside, the kindness of his people, the rhythms of dances and feasts, the richness of its sites make Senegal an attractive country.
[PLAN DE L’AFRIQUE avec focus sur le Sénégal]
Important info :
- Formalities : valid passport.
- Vaccination : yellow fever recommended.
- Health : qualified doctors and pharmacists.
- A treatment against paludism is also recommended.
- Climate: from November to June, air temperature between 25 to 35°C, the sea between 21 to 26°C.
From July to September : air temperature between 30 to 35°C, the sea around 30°C.
During this period (raining season) some storms are necessary for farmers, but it doesn’t disturb tourist activities. The rate of moisture is higher but the landscape takes the greenery colours of nature. Those who know Senegal won’t miss it.
- Time difference : one hour in winter and two hours in summer.
- Politic : since many year, Senegal is given like an example of democracy in Africa. The last political alternation took place on the elections on March 2012.
- Fishing all the year, abundance of fish in the Senegalese sea. From June to October, the big fishing, swordfishes, marlin, sharks, barracuda, ….From October to May, a handline fishing and trolling red carp, diabar, trout, thiof, captain, snapper…
- Language: the national language is Wolof, but French remains the official one.
Electricity : 220 volts.
Currency : The francs CFA : 10.000 Fr CFA = 15.24 Euros